Do you know what you have done?! It has been incredible!
Thanks to to the abundant grace of God and your fruitful generosity, the Church Council was able to make the following financial decisions at its meeting in December:
- Establish a pastoral discretionary fund to support the needs of local families as they arise ($5,000)
- Support the Endowment Fund’s Seminary Fund ($5,000)
- Support a new mission start congregation: The Table Ministry in Sioux Falls, SD ($20,000). I preached there on Sunday and presented them the gift to overwhelming excitement and thanksgiving!
- Additional payment on the church mortgage ($20,000)
- Generosity Grants were determined by the Mission Team ($20,000). The beneficiaries include:
- New Lutheran Seminary venture in South America, spearheaded by Juan Fernandez (our missionary in Bolivia)
- Safe Families for Children in Wright County
- Annandale-Maple Lake Food Shelf
- Eagles’ Healing Nest in Sauk Centre
- Lastly, we issued a matching fund challenge to other Augustana District congregations, to increase the compensation package for Pastor Randy Freund, Service Coordinator of the District.
Saint Matthew records Jesus’ words: “You have freely received, therefore give freely!” For our faith in Jesus and our fellowship with one another. For the promise of eternity and the opportunity to share the love of Jesus! These are all gifts we receive everyday…and in the last year, you have shown your tremendous and overwhelming gratitude for God’s faithfulness to us! Thank you for giving so freely and abundantly in 2021. It insures the incredible ministry around the Word which we share; which will continue to grow and be strengthened in the coming year of 2022!
With you, Blessed to Be a Blessing!
To prepare for worship on Sunday
(January 9), you are invited to read: